We are so excited for camp this year. Each week, from 9am-3pm, will be filled with themed activities, at least 2 field trips, and lots of FUN. Every Friday, kids will have an opportunity to showcase what they created, learned, and did during the week.
Due to the nature of our themed activities and Friday showcase, weekly participation is encouraged. Families needing care for a day or two here or there over the summer do not need to fill out a camp registration form but can still enjoy the care benefits of Island Time Day Camp (field trips are subject to available space as weekly campers have priority).
What to expect:
- Camp Hours: 9am – 3pm.
- Explorers: PreK – Rising 1st Grade
- Voyagers: Rising 2nd – Rising 5th Grade
- Extended care services available – up to 4 hours a day for only $50/week.
- $35 registration fee per camper (includes personal rash guard & t-shirt)
- $175 per week ($50 per week discount if paying for 3 weeks or more up front).
- Sibling discounts available: 2nd + child $25 off per week (not applicable with multi-week discount).
2019 Summer Camp Themes
- Week 1: June 10-14 Eco Tours
It’s all about nature this week. We will explore the great outdoors and finish our week with a trip to Cape Fearless Extreme!
- Week 2: June 17-21 A Wrinkle in Island Time
WHOAAAA! Its 1920? Travel though time with us! As we work to fix our time machine we have a couple stops along the way! Do the robot with us at our morning camp jam as we take a glimpse into the future. Don’t worry, we still have a dinosaur hunt with a cave man before lunch and a quick ride on a pirate ship after snack!
- Week 3: June 24-28 To Infinity & Beyond – Space Week
To infinity and beyond! Discover the many challenges of space travel and launch your own rocket! Learn about the phases of the moon and enjoy a tasty treat at the same time. Team up with fellow campers to create a skit all about space!
- Week 4: July 1-5 Give a Little – Community involvement
Who loves this Island?! We do! Come adventure, spreading good vibes with Island Time as we enjoy helping out. Beach clean-up, ice cream, trips to the fire station, splashing around the pool, and painting an Island Time Mural.
- Week 5: July 8-12 Art Attack
Everyone is an artist this week. When this week is complete, our fence might be a bit more colorful!
- Week 6: July 15-19 Waves & Rays
When you live in Carolina Beach (or Wilmington) you know how to enjoy the sunshine. Nothing says summer like a little sand and water!!
- Week 7: July 22-26 Lab Coats & Laughs
Suit up, scientists! Put on your lab coats, goggles, and gloves while we explore all things cool about science. Mix up colorful lab concoctions, turn marshmellows into atoms, and take a trip through the digestive system when we learn about grossology! Use your physics knowledge to participate in Friday’s Egg Drop Challenge!
- Week 8: July 29-Aug 2 Go for the GOLD – Olympic style
Are you competitive? This is the week for you. Individual and team challenges as we Go For The Gold!
- Week 9: Aug 5-9 Fixer Upper – Build, Build, Build
This is the week to get crafty. Creating a town out of cardboard, building with wood, and of course LEGOS!
- Week 10: Aug 12-16 Waves & Rays
Splash Battles? Definitely. Making waves? Totally! Let’s build our problem-solving skills as we explore and learn about our Ocean. Baby sea turtles to the seaweed we are going on a wave-tastic adventure. Let’s hang ten dude!!
- Week 11: Aug 19-23 One Island – taking care of what’s ours.
This week, kids and staff will select their favorites from the summer and re-create the FUN!